Friday 9th December from 5pm to 8.30pm at Lonsdale community centre. It will be an informal drop-in with some festive food and drink provided to get people talking and mingling. Have a look at the focus group questions below and bring along your ideas and feedback!
Culture and Community:
- Should the NP try to encourage healthier lifestyles, e.g. by encouraging more walking and cycling, providing fitness areas, growing our own food, and discouraging yet more “junk” food outlets
- What events are already happening / planned?
- How can we encourage / facilitate more events to bring together the local community and bring in people from elsewhere?
- Does the area need / could the area support new performance venue(s)? If so, where could they be located and what sort of events should be held there?
- How can the NP seek to improve social integration and better education standards?
- Is the KCOM Stadium utilised for educational purposes?
- Can we encourage local apprenticeships?
Leisure and Open Space:
West Park and the KCOM Stadium:
- How can the park be better utilized and maintained?
- What is required and where?
- What is the preferred future use of the former open-air theatre?
- Can it be used alongside the model railway?
- Are both Bowling Greens needed?
- If not, what use could be made of the ‘spare’ one?
- Is a new “master-plan” / vision for West Park required? If, so, is the Neighbourhood Plan an appropriate vehicle to promote it?
- Should the Stadium Management Company develop closer links with the local community? If so, how?
- Can / should the football and rugby clubs be more closely involved?
- The “Railway Triangle”:
- What is / are the preferred uses for the “Triangle”
- How can these uses be delivered?
- The Hull Fair / Market Site
- Can the Hull Fair / Market site be improved visually without compromising uses? If so, how?
- Other open spaces:
- Where are they?
- Do we need more?
- Could / should some be redeveloped?
- Could we develop a Green Infrastructure plan linking open spaces together in a local green network?
The Local Economy:
Employment Related Development
- What are the primary economic drivers in the Neighbourhood?
- What type of employment do we need / want locally?
- How can we encourage it? Where? How?
Vitality & Viability
- Can we develop some sort of economic strategy for the NP area?
- How can the NP promote the area making it more attractive to inward investment?
- Should there be any specific (types of) business
- How do we get more local business people to have an input?
Shops, Pubs & Takeaways:
- Do we have too many of certain types of shops – or too few?
- More cafes and restaurants?
- Better range of shops?
- How important is footfall as compared to driver “drop-in”?
Pop-Up Shops & “Meanwhile” Uses
- Are they a good thing? How could they be encouraged?
What importance and what value do the Stadium (and in particular football) and Hull Fair give the area?
The Built Environment:
Vacant Land & Buildings
Where are they? What uses could they be put to? How can the NP encourage re-use for appropriate purposes?
New Housing Sites
Are there other potential housing sites?
Housing Tenure, Mix, & Affordability
How can we try to ensure that new housebuilding is aligned with local housing need?
What is the appropriate mix of housing type/tenure?
Do we need some Design Guidance or a Design Code, e.g for shop fronts or specific types of buildings or for everything?
What form should such guidance take?
Traffic and Parking:
- What are the issues arising from through traffic?
- Could traffic flows along Anlaby Road be improved through better traffic management?
- Does on-street parking lead to road safety issues?
- Do we need any more pedestrian crossings? If so, where should they be located?
- Is there sufficient parking to serve existing uses along Anlaby Road? If not, where could additional spaces be provided?
- Why are existing car-parks not used? What should be done with them?
- Is it appropriate to seek housing development on the under-used car-parks at the end of Walliker Street?
- Do we need to identify replacement car-parking spaces? If so, where should these be?
- Is there sufficient parking to serve residential areas? If not, where could additional spaces be provided?