Hull Fair is over for another year and I’m sure that many of you enjoyed the spectacle. If you live in the Newington area you would have been able to get there really easy and you certainly could hear it! But, here are a few questions:
- Who are the main beneficiaries of Hull Fair: the fairground people, the people who go to the fair or the people in the Newington area?
- How much money does Hull City Council make from Hull Fair: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_revenue_is_made_from_the_re ?
- And does any of that money get recycled into the newington area?
- Do businesses suffer or gain from Hull Fair?
- Do residents feel that although the Fair is great fun and part of our history, it is also an inconvenience for the week?
- Does it matter?
- Should Hull Fair go on for two weeks next year?
- And why does Hull Fair always miss half-term week?
Wouldn’t it be interesting for Hull City Council (or Hull Culture And Leisure Ltd if that is now who is getting the money) to disclose that income and what happens to it.